6.25.2005

Do-it-yourself-baby signs

I've recommended these books to so many people I think it might be time to recommend them here as well.



Newhavenbaby was a little late getting started with the baby signing thing, but I think we must have introduced them just in time. We picked the bedtime book up at the library downtown when newhavenbaby was about 14 months old. He looked through it on his own, and when I sat down with him about 5 minutes later, he was showing me the signs that the babies in the book were doing. I think it is the real photos of the babies that got his attention, but whatever it was, it worked. We bought the other versions soon afterwards.
He has started talking now, so the signs have disappeared from his communication efforts, but he still loves to make the animal signs along with the babies in the book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home