12.02.2005

One a day until Christmas

One of my favorite holiday activities when I was little was opening those little cardboard doors on the advent calendar to claim my daily piece of chocolate. I was thrilled to see them at Trader Joe's for 99 cents--so, with great ceremony, I presented newhavenbaby with his very first advent calendar.
Day one was yesterday. In the morning, we opened a little door, shared a delicious little chocolate. In the late morning, newhavenbaby begged to open another little door. At noon, newhavenbaby pleaded. Before nap, he cajoled. After nap, he whined. Before dinner, he asked and asked: "little door, another little door."
Apparently, one door a day is way too much to ask of a 2-year-old. Come to think of it, it's almost too much to ask of a newhavenmama. Chocolate, anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home