11.17.2005

Taxi!


I had always wondered what the carseat norm was regarding taking babies in taxis, and yesterday, as my car decided it would rather go to the repair shop than to class with me, I had an opportunity to ask an expert---the taxi driver.

His answer: most people with small babies bring the carseat with them. Older babies and small toddlers sit on laps a lot. Older toddlers are sometimes buckled in to the regular belts. He also said that you can request a carseat from the operator (777-7777) when you call, and they will send a driver with a seat if one is available. Interesting, right?

EDITED TO ADD: (see daddytypes.com for a related discussion about NYC car services)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

More importantly, where can I get one of those cool taxi cars for my kid!

2:07 PM  
Blogger newhavenmama said...

Every kid needs a yellow cab.

I've never heard of this site before, but here it is.... http://www.gift4kidz.com/13/197.htm?425
On sale and free shipping. Carseat not included.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home